Monday 18 January 2016

david bowe


UNDER PRESSURE



The other day I saw posts on Instagram by David's fans saying He's back! (with his new album) The next thing I know I'm watching his tribute on VH1. It took A while for it to sink in that He's gone, for good. I've spent the last few days trying to listen to David Bowie's music. It felt like I always have, disconnected. Yet why do I care enough to talk about him? because his work has influenced me through other artists. His best 3, Or probably his only 3 that I have liked at in order,

  1. Heroes - the song means the world to me "we can be heros, just for one day" and "we kissed, like as though nothing can fall". It's the perfect mash up of confidence in love.
  2. The man who sold the world - introduced to me by Nirvana, still one of my favorites. Though the Bowie version irks and gives me goosebumps. What made it worst I heard it the first time in the middle of the night.
  3. Under pressure - Even though there is the confusion over the 6 beats of the song, it is the catchiest of beats I've heard. I've heard them repeatedly in infomercials and fillers on music channels. Yet every single time it's amazing.
My second to my love for fashion, is the music I listen to. Music and their artists are the worlds biggest trend setters, David Bowie a Legendary trend setter coming from an super experimental era where being awkward took great courage, Even at his death hadn't stopped being extraordinary.

I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. I felt very puny as a human. I thought, "Fuck that. I want to be a superhuman.

No comments:

Post a Comment