Tuesday 12 November 2013

Y do I love red so much? Make-up essentials #1

I always wanted to wear make-up as a kid (you'd be surprised at some of my kid photos!) But what ever I tried, make-up looked made up and so I had to give up! I was 18 when I first bought my eyeliner (Of course nobody ever mentions the tube of lip balm everyone carrying in uniforms for disciplinary reasons) and a whole bunch of lip-gloss tubes found their way into my make-up kit. It wasn't until I started working that I really filled my treasure chest, and now it's like a jar of candy that needs to be filled with new things all the time!

My friend once told me every woman has her own red. The first time I saw Miley Cyrus in her video of we can't stop, I just had to get my own red. It was quite the task to find the red I wanted! I must have visited the same make-up counters a couple of times, before I finally found something. I'm not quite the Miley who can afford the channel, but yet it was awesome to find a red I could work with in Maybelline coloursensational pleasure me red ;)

 
“Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick”. Gwyneth Paltrow

I love RED. It speaks for itself! its bold, loud, fearless and truly cannot be pretentious. Red is one of the pure colours and can not have a false sense of greatness like purple or be envious like green. It truly is the one colour that can be embodied by only women. I know some would say it's attention seeking but hey! who says its not asking for it. It takes a woman who is comfortable in her sink to wear it and truly look beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment