Wednesday 12 February 2014

Mint in trend

CORAL OR MINT? Mint it was!

I still recall the child like excitement I felt when looking aubergine pants becoming the new trend. Actually picked them up in corduroy just because I was so captivated by the colour (I used to hate corduroy, I remember my brother's corduroy being as heavy as denim!).  It was instantly followed by Levis bringing in a huge wave of coloured denims. Secretly wished this would disappear like an earthworm, it did however seemed to settle on two adorable colours - Coral pink and mint green. 


I always fancied buying coral pants, I've tried them on every where. Yet I never found the right one, then I got to busy at work and life moved on. CHEMISTRY was having a SALE, yes my friend! The devil beckoned me to enter. Yet of all the pretty things they had to offer this one stuck to me like a second skin. Once I wore it, and I knew it had to be the ONE.


As for the choice of outfit itself, I should say this would be typically me. A large scarf with a basic tee, and shoes. I still remember being identified in college as the girl who wore over sized bright colour shawls (very infamously the red one :P) with the Red converse shoes.


Scarf : Splash
Tank top : Jockey
Mint Pants :  Chemistry
Studs & Wrist bands : thrift
Shoes : Bata

I know as a kid, I went to bata only for school shoes and rubber slippers. But I hate to admit it, Bata is doing well with their shoes. I don't think I still believe those shoes were @ 499! Oo and the handbags too! 
p.s. I know the pictures not done justice to the shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment